FCPA collects information to provide a more efficient service to all our users. We collect information in the following ways:
Information you give us. For example, when you interact with our Site by making a purchase or subscribing to an email list, we can ask for information including the following; personal information, like your first and last name, company name, email address, postal address, phone number, credit card number and non-profit status (when applicable). We also collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
Information FCPA gets from your use of our services
FCPA collects data about how you and your device interact with FCPA and our services. For example, we collect:
- Product use data. We collect data about the features you use, the items you purchase, and the web pages you visit.
- Device data. We collect data about your device and the network you use to connect to our products. It includes data about the operating systems and other software that may be installed on your device. It may include IP address, device identifiers (such as the IMEI number for phones), regional and language settings.
- Error reports and performance data. We collect data regarding the performance of the products and any problems you experience with them. This data helps to diagnose problems in the services you use, and to improve our service and provide solutions. Depending on your service and settings, error reports can include data such as the type or severity of the problem, details of the software or hardware related to an error, contents of files you were using when an error occurred, and data about other software on your device.
- Support Data. When you engage FCPA for support, we collect data about you and your hardware, software, and other details related to the support incident. Such data includes contact or authentication data, the content of your chats and other communications with FCPA support.
The Purpose for which Information is Collected
FCPA uses the data we collect for two basic purposes, described in more detail below: (1) to operate our business and provide (including improving and personalizing) the services and products we offer, and (2) to send communications, including promotional communications.
Providing and Improving Our Services. We use data to carry out your transaction and to provide our services to you. We also use data to diagnose service problems, troubleshoot issues, and provide other customer care and support services. We use data collected to continually improve our services, including adding new features or capabilities, such as using error reports to improve security features and determining what new features to prioritize. Data is also used to develop aggregate analysis and business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions, and report on the performance of our business.
Communications. We use data we collect to deliver and personalize our communications with you. For example, we may contact you by email or other means to inform you when a service contact will expire, let you know when security updates are available, remind you about items left in your online shopping cart, update you or inquire about a service or repair request, invite you to participate in a survey, or tell you that you need to take action to keep your account active.Each emailed marketing communication will include the option to opt out of receiving certain communications.
Reasons We Share Personal Data
We may share your personal data with your consent or as necessary to provide our services. When you provide payment data to make a purchase, we will share payment data with banks and other entities that process payment transactions or provide other financial services, and for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction. In addition, we share personal data among FCPA-controlled affiliates and subsidiaries. FCPA may use from time to time a limited number of third-party service providers, contractors, and other businesses to assist us in providing our solutions, services and products to our customers or for the purposes described in this statement and for payment processing. In such cases, these companies abide by their own respective data privacy and security requirements. We may also disclose personal data as part of a corporate transaction such as a merger or sale of assets.
We will access, transfer, disclose, and preserve personal data, including your content when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to:
- comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies;
- protect our customers, for example to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of our products, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone;
- operate and maintain the security of our products, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks; or
- protect the rights or property of FCPA, including enforcing the terms governing the use of the services.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we will strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it — unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us.
Security of Personal Data
We are concerned with the security of the personally identified information we have collected. We have in place reasonable safeguards to protect your personal information against misuse or unauthorized access to the data. This may include firewalls, encryption, passwords and password updates, and limiting access to designated personnel.
Inquiries and complaints about our privacy policies may be directed to Legal.